Thursday, May 23, 2013

ACHHA JI MAIN HAARI

Song 42:


Asha has hundreds of duets with Rafi but its the Geeta Dutt ones that I am searching for, probably I will cover them next week. Here's an adorable Asha Rafi number that I suppose everyone loves. Asha's voice is fresh as a daisy and so is Madhubala on screen and Dev is aptly khaoing a lot of bhaav what with such a beauty persuading him. If I am in a foul mood, one thing that can surely lift my spirits and act as a great therapy is to be around food, plan and prepare something new, get my creative juices flowing and lose myslf in the colours, tastes, textures and aromas of interesting ingredients. Knead and roll, shape and size, balance and offset. Work out new combinations.

I seriously feel that people who don't love food only live half a life. I get along better with people who love food and somehow cannot relate that well to people who just eat to as if perform a necessary obligation.  When you're a spontaneous person you don't need recipes. I have thousands and thousands of recipes that I feverishly collected initially but I love to improvise and try new things every time. I almost never make the same thing the same way twice! Of course if the experiment works, you accept the accolades graciously. If it backfires, you just give it an exotic Italian/French/Moravian name and say it is the rage in Milan or South of France or Scandinavia. At best you'll have to roll back if you're asked to utter the same name again.

Then there are some people who when angry or perturbed, give up on food. There are people who can watch other beings gobble down bricks of cool ice cream on a sultry night and not get tempted themselves. There are people especially women who turn up at parties and then refuse to eat anything, either they are on a fast (arre should have told when I invited you na, that it was your weekly fast!)or watching their diet  that they totally disrespect the lengths the host might have gone to, to plan a meal. Happened to me today too. Then so much food goes waste. Either you should inform your host that I will come over but I eat like a sparrow/don't eat at all/I just look at food/I just smell food and I am full. We have quite a few professional hunger strikers in India who go on fasts at the drop of a hat. They hold the whole system on ransom and threaten and refuse to take a morsel before their demand is fulfilled. I seriously have never understood the idea of giving up food. Be thankful to what God has given you, make sure you share some food with the less fortunate. Feeding a hungry person is a very fulfilling experience. Everyone does not have to go out there and change this world. One step at a time with our near and dear ones, with the people who touch our lives is a great way to start. Before I say something that I have to rollback, I guess I'll just keep shut coz this song needs no introduction. Have a great week ahead with or without food. After all bhaav is the only thing you can khao once you've given up on food!! :-)))


No comments:

Post a Comment