Thursday, May 9, 2013

AAP YUN HI AGAR HUM SE MILTE RAHE

Song 37:


Another Asha-Rafi duet from the same movie, that further amplifies the infectious charm of Sadhna and Joy Mukherjee. I must say both are particularly nice looking, yet easy and effortless in their emoting. Both seem drenched in the confidence of youth and acceptance of their God gifted looks and talent, not in the least trying to overpower each other.

This song is a celebration of romance and affability. The best thing about these chance encounters is that initially you do try to sweep aside what's stirring inside you as mere excitement or the ruffling of a few feathers. You do not have any expectations. You dismiss it as nothing, an infatuation, a passing phase. You even avoid it, warning yourself and the other person to keep off. Rafi even asks in as many words that why indeed was she following him all over the place?! Beautiful lyrics by Raja Mehndi Ali Khan so relevant today! Well here we are in Twitter-land today, following hundreds and thousands of people. But some people do stand out and catch your eye. I have been on social media for the last five years. I was greatly into FB earlier. And this song thingy, I used to do four years ago there. Till I bored my friends and family to death! Hahaha.  For me it was just venting and sharing. People often saw more into my posts than necessary. I took a break then. Of course when your close family is on social media, it becomes difficult being too transparent.

Then work took over, there was no time. I write much more for my various official commitments, but that is often very structured writing, on someone else's mandate, someone else's topics and themes. It gets edited by ten different people with ten different world-views. It gets altered and manipulated for commercial gains, strategy, coherence, reach and hundred other variables.

Yet today when I meet my friends, there are many, including an old college lecturer who was on FB, who ask me that why I stopped writing on songs! They sweetly say that they used to wait every morning for my song for a long long time! And that come hell or high water, storm or sunshine, if there was one thing that was regular and constant it was Shivani's songs! Nice of them indeed. But I am here now. A new audience, a new chapter. Blogging is like instant gratification. Keep coming when you have time to take a break. Hope we fall in love some day! Aap yun hi agar hum se milte rahe dekhiye ek din pyaar ho jayega......indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment