Saturday, March 23, 2013

BABUJI DHEERE CHALNA

 Song 9:  23 Mar 2013

The only voice that came close and perhaps exceeded Asha in sultriness was of course Geeta Dutt. I am thoroughly enjoying exploring and discovering one whopper of a number after the other by these two extra-ordinary singers. As far as Geeta Dutt songs go, this is perhaps the first song of hers I ever noticed, memorised and tried to sing. It is just so easy on the senses. I remember distinctly that I was hooked on to it from the word go. And Shakila what an under-rated beauty! Noone really names her as their favourite actress from that era, maybe because she was surrounded by great talent. But I always found her very, very attractive. I mean just look at that waist. Could give the Malaika Aroras of today a run for their money. She moves like a whirlwind across the smokey joint, throwing caution to the winds. Wild tresses, mysterious glances, sassy full smile. Simply awesome and all you needed to complete the picture was a very innocent looking Guru Dutt, seemingly oblivious to her charms. Well, well, this competition is getting hotter than I thought. I am sure I'll have to stop at some point because Asha's numbers far outnumber Geeta Dutt whose life was sadly cut short due to various personal tragedies and early liver cirrhosis. So many geniuses just went the early burn out, early 'been there done that' way. So the key anywhere is to tread softly, slowly and comfortably. Babuji Dheere Chalna indeed!!! Geeta Dutt, O P Nayyar, Majrooh, Shakila and Guru Dutt-couldn't go very wrong with that combo.:-))



No comments:

Post a Comment