Tuesday, November 19, 2013

CHURA LIYA HAI TUMNE JO & AAP KE KAMRE

Song 85:


Zinnie Baby's B'day and how could I forget this. When it comes to super romantic duets, this one cannot be forgotten.  The movie is long forgotten but this song, the pure white ensemble of Zeenat, the jet black hair, the guitar, R D Burman's music, Asha's silken voice and Rafi's warmth. What's there not to love.

Sang this song in many many college and work place functions. Will admit unashamedly that I have a picture of mine of around 18 years ago where I am singing this song on stage with white loose parallel trousers, a fitting white full sleeved T, straightened black hair, a big hippy style pendant and a guitar in tow. Of course it helped that I had a 24 inch waist back then! Hahaha! I crack up looking at that today. But that is what youth is all about! Experimenting and doing what you love! :-) 





Song 86:


Now from 24 inch Kamar to Kamra!  No, no I am not talking about my kamra. I am talking about this song. I find it very cute. It plays out the whole jealous and inquisitive bit about someone you're interested in. It so nicely describes the stage when you are still making up your mind. You yourself don't want to commit and therefore keep on finding faults and excuses in the other. You imagine your love interest in all types of precarious situations in a closed room with someone else. The very thought is creepy. But since there is no possibility of you being in a room with that person, you choose to make song and dance of it. Zeenat once again looks super hot in a red mini and cool boots! There is a nice jamming feel to the song. Reminds me so much of college auditions when you let go of your inhibitions and find your hidden talents. Here's to youth, here's to youth anthems and here's to everlasting youth icons such as Zeenat Aman!


No comments:

Post a Comment