Wednesday, July 3, 2013

ANKHON HII ANKHON MEIN ISHAARA HO GAYA

Song 50:


But a duet is ultimately about expressing your love and not fighting and irritating each other. Well most of the times. When it comes to Rafi-Geeta Dutt duets, I am pretty much starting with one of the best, one of my all time favourites. I used to love singing this for the longest time in picnics, sitting on top of trees, in school music class (yeah I was that sort of a kid!) This song also has an inbuilt tempo that does not require much of musical accompaniments. Dev Anand was my favourite actor of the older lot, for obvious reasons! Till he passed away a year and a half ago, he would often tweet at night about his favourite song picturisations, narrating interesting anecdotes connected to each song. Most Dev Anand movies had exceptional music as he always took personal interest in each and every recording. Once I had replied to him about some song and that information was factually incorrect, and he like a gentleman DMed me the correct information immediately rather than letting the whole world know. Such was the genteel style of those actors.  I have saved that DM for good of course!  And I have always liked Shakila a lot. So delicate and dainty and underestimated. Love the styling of her saree and blouse. The costumes of this movie were after all done by Bhanu Athaiya who went on to win an Oscar for her costumes in 'Gandhi'.

So the song is all about lazing langorously next to a pretty lake or some such waterbody. It has an easy, natural choreography, very easy to fall in love with. The choreography is credited to Zohra Sehgal who even in her 90s has such amazing grace, that is quite reflected in this song. O P Nayyar's music and Jan Nisar Akhtar's lyrics. A soft, lemon soufflĂ© of a song, a tantalizing Tiramisu of a song, light, fluffy and weightless. No wonder Tiramisu is called the 'Pick me up' of desserts! Bon Apetit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment